AS350 PILOTS JOB POSTING
Serving Northern British Columbia since 1989, Bailey Helicopters is in growth mode and continues to offer its employees diversified and challenging work, while promoting from within. Our fleet consists of Bell 212’s, AS350’s (B3’s, B2’s, and BA’s), and Bell 206’s. We are seeking motivated AS350 Pilots looking for work/life balance, excellent wages and benefits, and year-round opportunities flying on long-term capital construction projects. Safety is our number one priority; if you’re a Pilot who feels the same way and wants to be part of one of the best teams in the helicopter industry, Bailey Helicopters would be a good fit for you.
Permanent and Contract
Fort St. John, BC
2 weeks on/2 weeks off
- Participation in our Safety Management System Program.
- Fly single-engine helicopters to transport passengers and freight in Northern BC.
- Be familiar with all available flight information, including weather, and applicable NOTAMs where available, and determine fuel and oil requirements.
- Ensure all required aircraft maintenance work has been completed.
- Calculate aircraft weight and balance.
- Complete the VFR Flight Itinerary and Flight Risk Assessment, as applicable.
- Complete the aircraft preflight inspection before each departure.
- Supervise and carry out the loading and securing of passengers, freight, or external loads.
- Complete all post-flight duties, including filing arrival reports and confirmation to the company of the whereabouts of the helicopter when operating away from the base, recording flight times and any defects.
- Maintain documents and equipment while on the base.
- Liaise with clients to ensure their needs are satisfied.
- May perform other duties, assigned.
- Current Canadian CPL (H) or ATPL (H) and Medical.
- Valid Driver’s License and valid Passport
- Personal GPS unit and mandatory flight helmet.
- Personal cell phone
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing is required.
AS350 BA/B2/B3 Pilot Requirements:
- Minimum 2000 hours Total time on Helicopters.
- 50 hours on Type.
- Wildlife experience is an asset (surveys, capture, and telemetry).
- Heli Skiing experience is an asset.
- BC approved Mountain Course is required.
- Mountain and vertical references are required.
- ACP is considered an asset.
- Tree planting experience is considered an asset.
- Training experience is considered an asset.
- Class D certification is considered an asset.
- BC Hydro certification is considered an asset.
- Powerline experience is considered an asset.
- Current and valid H2S Alive, Level 1 First Aid is required.
We offer an exceptional work environment with an ethical, approachable, and accountable Management Team. Effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for everyone.
- Home life is encouraged.
- Competitive employee benefits package
- Excellent remuneration.
- Opportunities for advancement
- This position will involve frequent travel and rotational shifts.
- Locations on base or touring are both possible.
- Fast-paced environment, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination.
- Supportive of continual safety and quality improvements.
- Post-Secondary Education
- A strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently as part of a team, flexible with changing requirements regarding work hours/days, location, and travel.
- Maintain a high standard of conduct; be respectful of clients, visitors, coworkers, and managers.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to