BASE MANAGER – TERRACE
Bailey Helicopters has expanded their fleet and are looking for Pilots that want a work/life balance, top industry wages, benefits, and year-round opportunities flying big hours. Bailey is extremely busy with long term capital construction projects located in the province of BC. We are in growth mode and continue to offer our employees diversified and challenging work. If you want to be part of one of the best teams in the industry, Bailey Helicopters is the place to be.
We are seeking experienced Pilots with current Canadian CPL (H) or ATPL (H) to manage our Terrace base. Safety is our number one priority; if you’re a Pilot that feels the same way, send your cover letter and resume to
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Participation in our Safety Management System Program.
- Fly single engine helicopter to transport passengers and freight throughout British Columbia.
- Working closely with Vice President of Operations & Business Development Manager to support their efforts to meet business targets by securing staff resources.
- Ensure proper handling, in conjunction with contracts, support documentation and related files
- Participate in meetings with Operations, Maintenance, Safety Management, etc. to ensure alignment with strategy and organizational priorities.
- Provide training and orientation to new pilots.
- Provide support and guidance to other pilots.
- Manage operational gear/equipment for Terrace base.
- Be familiar with all available flight information, including weather, and applicable NOTAMs where available, and determine fuel and oil requirements.
- Ensure all required aircraft maintenance work has been completed.
- Calculate aircraft weight and balance.
- Complete VFR Flight Itinerary and Flight Risk Assessment, as applicable.
- Complete the aircraft preflight inspection before each departure.
- Supervise and carry out the loading and securing of passengers, freight, or external loads.
- Complete all post flight duties, including filing arrival reports and confirmation to the company of whereabouts of the helicopter when operating away from the base, recording flight times and any defects.
- Maintain documents and equipment while on the base.
- Liaise with clients to ensure their needs are satisfied.
- May perform other duties, assigned.
- Current Canadian CPL (H) or ATPL (H) and Medical.
- Valid Driver’s License and valid Passport.
- Personal GPS unit and mandatory flight helmet.
- Personal cell phone.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing is required.
- Minimum 1500 hours total time on Helicopters.
- 50 hours on type – Bell 206 & AS350 series.
- BC approved Mountain Course is required.
- Mountain and vertical reference are required.
- Current and valid H2S Alive, Level 1 First Aid an asset.
- Current SAFE 495 BC Hydro course, considered an asset
- Experience working in the Terrace area, considered an asset
We offer an exceptional work environment with an ethical, approachable, and accountable Management Team. Effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for everyone.
- Home life is encouraged.
- Competitive employee benefits package.
- Excellent remuneration.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- This position will involve frequent travel and rotational shifts.
- Location is at Terrace base.
- Fast paced environment, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination.
- Supportive of continual safety and quality improvements.
- Post-Secondary Education
- Strong work ethic and able to work efficiently as part of a team, flexibility with changing requirements regarding work hours/days, location, and travel.
- Maintain a high standard of conduct; be respectful of clients, visitors, coworkers, and managers.