BELL 212 PILOT JOB POSTING
Bailey Helicopters has expanded their 212 fleet and are looking for Pilots that want a work/life balance, top industry wages, benefits, and year-round opportunities flying big hours. Bailey is extremely busy with long term capital construction projects located in the province of BC. We are in growth mode and continue to offer our employees diversified and challenging work. If you want to be part of one of the best teams in the industry, Bailey Helicopters is the place to be.
We are seeking experienced Bell 212 Pilots with extensive Heli-logging/grapple experience, BC Hydro certified with current Canadian CPL (H) or ATPL (H). Safety is our number one priority; if you’re a Pilot that feels the same way, send your cover letter and resume to
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Status – Permanent/Contract
Location - Fort St. John, BC
2 weeks on/2 weeks off
- Participation in our Safety Management System Program.
- Be familiar with all available flight information, including weather, and applicable NOTAMs where available, and determine fuel and oil requirements.
- Ensure all required aircraft maintenance work has been completed.
- Calculate aircraft weight and balance.
- Complete VFR Flight Itinerary and Flight Risk Assessment, as applicable.
- Complete the aircraft preflight inspection before each departure.
- Supervise and carry out the loading and securing of passengers, freight, or external loads.
- Complete all post flight duties, including filing arrival reports and confirmation to the company of whereabouts of the helicopter when operating away from the base, recording flight times and any defects.
- Maintain documents and equipment while on the base
- Liaise with clients to ensure their needs are satisfied.
- May perform other duties, assigned.
- Current Canadian CPL (H) or ATPL (H) and Medical.
- Valid Driver’s License and valid Passport
- Personal GPS unit and flight helmet are mandatory.
- Personal cell phone
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing is required.
Bell 212 Pilot Requirements:
- Minimum 4000 hours total time on Helicopters.
- 500 hours conventional logging experience plus 100 hours grapple experience on Multi-Engine Helicopters considered is required.
- 100 hours on Bell 212, including 50 hours longline time on type
- 750 Hours longline general experience
- Willing to endorse pilots that have experience with vertical reference on Bell 204/205/214
- Logging/grapple experience is required.
- BC approved Mountain Course is required.
- Mountain and vertical reference are required.
- BC Hydro certification is required.
- ACP considered an asset.
- Powerline experience considered an asset.
- Current and valid H2S Alive, Level 1 First Aid an asset.
We offer an exceptional work environment with an ethical, approachable, and accountable Management Team. Effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for everyone.
- Home life is encouraged
- Competitive employee benefits package
- Excellent remuneration.
- Opportunities for advancement
- This position will involve frequent travel and rotational shifts.
- Locations at base or touring are both possible.
- Fast paced environment, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination.
- Supportive of continual safety and quality improvement
- Post-Secondary Education
- Strong work ethic and able to work efficiently as part of a team, flexibility with changing requirements regarding work hours/days, location, and travel.
- Maintain a high standard of conduct; be respectful of clients, visitors, coworkers, and managers.